RAMPTM Drug Innovation Engine
Delivering First-in-class Small-molecule Product Candidates
At Inhibikase Therapeutics, our Re-engineering Approach with Metabolism Preserved (RAMP™) drug innovation engine enables us to design and develop novel small-molecule product candidates that leverage the clinical experience gained from currently marketed kinase inhibitor drugs that target non-CNS diseases. Using preexisting chemical entities as a template, we pursue the clinically validated kinases as targets to create first-in-class small-molecule kinase inhibitors with predicted human safety profiles for the treatment of kinase inhibitor-sensitive neurodegenerative diseases.
RAMP technology enables:
- Safety enhancements achieved through chemical modifications that lead to dose reduction, enabling chronic administration with minimized side effects
- Preservation of the favorable side-effect profile of the “template” medication, achieved through medicinal chemistry changes to preserve how the drug is metabolized in the body
RAMP Enables Novel Small-molecule Kinase Inhibitors
Using this approach, we are advancing a new class of small-molecule product candidates that target specific protein kinases to treat neurodegenerative disease with what we believe to be dramatically enhanced potency and predicted improved safety profiles that may be administered chronically and systemically to patients with infectious or neurodegenerative diseases.
Starting with clinically validated targets, we are developing a new class of kinase inhibitor product candidates with enhanced potency and safety that may be administered chronically and systemically for the treatment of CNS diseases.
The RAMP Drug Innovation Engine
Leveraging Experience Gained from Validated Kinase Inhibitor Drugs
Our Re-engineering Approach with Metabolism Preserved (RAMP™) drug innovation engine enables us to design and develop novel small-molecule product candidates with enhanced potency and preserved safety profile for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
Our proprietary RAMP medicinal chemistry technology leverages the experience and knowledge generated from validated kinase inhibitor drugs that target non-CNS indications to create novel drugs with enhanced potency and preserved safety profile for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. The technology generates multiple distinct product candidates from the same clinically validated kinase inhibitor that has the potential to address a range of therapeutic areas using a common kinase targeting strategy.
Our intellectual property includes patents issued or pending as well as know-how related to the composition and broad use of its technologies across neurodegenerative diseases inside and outside of the brain and all major infection classes. In aggregate, we have carved out a broad and deep intellectual property position that enables the development of the company’s internal product pipeline and supports value-creating partnerships with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
Our proprietary technology comprises:
- The ability to generate multiple novel/improved drug molecules that address a range of therapeutic areas from the same clinically validated kinase inhibitor
- Medicinal chemistry insights spanning protein kinase families
- Medicinal chemistry and structural engineering techniques for generating kinase inhibitors with greater selectivity and optimized pharmacological properties for drugs to treat neurodegeneration
- Discovery workflow attuned to novel pharmacological outcomes
Application of RAMP™ Drug Innovation Engine
Using our drug innovation engine as the basis for our product candidates, we have successfully developed several small-molecule medications with best-in-class potential for various indications.
Our Scientific Publications
We have a number of publications accessible regarding various topics, including progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), Parkinson’s disease, and other applications in infectious diseases.